To achieve high yields, you need the optimal combination of all factors that affect the growth and development of crops. Determinants factors are water, temperature, amount of solar energy and the amount of nutrients in the soil.
In order to determine the nutritional “potential” of your field, it is necessary to make a soil analysis.
Complex agrochemical analysis of soil includes the definition of basic physical and chemical parameters, namely:
- Soil acidity (water, salt, buffer)
- Soil electrical conductivity
- Organic matter content
- Texture (sand%, silt%, clay%)
- Nitrate nitrogen, available phosphorus, exchangeable potassium and sodium
- Exchangeable forms of calcium and magnesium, sulfur sulfate
- Cation exchange capacity (CEC), Percent base saturation (PBS)
- Content of micro elements such as zinc, manganese, copper, iron, boron and molybdenum.
For example, knowing the acidity of the soil, you can choose crops that feel great on acidic soils, the issue of land melioration is also impossible to solve without defining this parameter. The availability of phosphorus and micro elements also directly depends on the pH of the soil solution.
Only on the basis of a complex agrochemical analysis of the soil you can get competent and reliable recommendations for fertilizing to achieve the planned yield.
You can`t overfeed or underfeed crops, it leads to depletion or salinization of soils, reduced yields and its quality, unreasonable increase in production costs. Only with optimal mineral nutrition we get high yields of excellent quality, and not only preserve soil fertility, but also increase it. To achieve such high results and requires a complex analysis of the soil, based on which, we taking into account the needs of culture and soil properties, you can calculate the introduction of all nutrients in the optimal amount for plants.
Today а complex soil analysis is the optimal solution to the problem of reducing costs in agricultural production as for small farms that don`t have the ability to purchase mineral fertilizers in large quantities, and for large producers. This is achieved by accurate and reasonable application of fertilizers, as well as the ability to plan costs.
Analytical Laboratory “Agrotest” was established in 2004 by a group of chemists – specialists in agrochemical analysis of soils. The methods and procedures used in our laboratory meet all national and international standards. Modern equipment with automatic autosamplers and reagents from world manufacturers allow our laboratory to minimize the human factor and obtain the results of agrochemical analysis of high-precision soil, and most importantly reliability. In the “Agrotest” Laboratory there is also an internal control system (internal control samples). These samples are analyzed every day for all parameters together with standard routine samples to ensure process control.
Recommendations for fertilizer application are the result of:
- ➢ 18 years of work with different crops on different types of soils, on experimental “landfills” in different regions of Ukraine
- ➢ Many years of customer feedback and field history.
To choose a reliable laboratory for soil analysis, start with two or three based on your experience and the recommendations of others. Then answer the following questions:
- 1. Where is the laboratory located and does it analyze the soil according to established analytical methods or rapid methods? Or sends soil samples to other laboratories?
- 2. Does the laboratory participate in international qualification testing programs for agricultural laboratories?
- 3. What is the technical and analytical base in the laboratory?
- 4. Is there any feedback in case of questions?
The main criterion for selecting a laboratory
An example of the results of a soil analysis
Interpretation of acidity (pH) analysis [soil:water = 1:1]
Interpretation of salinity analysis (Cond, mS/cm) [soil:water = 1:1]
|Низький вміст||Оптимальний вміст||Високий вміст||Потенціальна засоленість ґрунту||Засоленість|
Interpretation of the amount of living elements (amount in soil)
|Параметр||[ppm] = [мг/кг]||[ppm] = [мг/кг]||[ppm] = [мг/кг]||[ppm] = [мг/кг]||[ppm] = [мг/кг]|
|Дуже низький||Низький||Середній||Високий||Дуже високий|
|Органічна Речовина %||0-1.0||1.1-2.0||2.1-4.0||4.1-6.0||>6.0|
|P доступний (Mehlich P-III; Bray P-I)||0-5||6-15||16-35||36-50||>50|
|Р доступний (Olsen)||0-3||4-9||10-16||17-30||>30|
Results of a comprehensive soil analysis with calculation of fertilisation recommendations 3 days!